Friday, March 9, 2012

POV Final Draft .

Tyshaana Thomas

"Don't you go getting married, don't you go get engaged. I know you're getting older, don't have no time to waste. I shouldn't be much longer, but you shouldn't have to wait... can't lose you, can't have it, I'm so sorry I'm so selfish..."
-Good Ones Go, Drake.
This quote says it all literally. Everything I always wanna tell you but just don't is right here. Everything but, iloveyou ...
We were never the perfect love story, and yeah I know I say this to you all the time but it's true. You and I never had the chance to have that perfect love story we always dreamed of. Well, at least what I always dreamed of because only God knows what you dream of at night. Anyways, there was always something standing in our way. If it wasn't one of us, it was somebody else. But this particular time, it was both. See, me and you are one in the same. Two peas in a pod one might say, but that isn't always a good thing. Like right now, this is nowhere near a good thing. See because, were even the same when were angry. Like I'm stubborn, and you're my equal times two. And I'm pride heavy, but you? There aren't even words to explain how pride heavy you are.
So here we are and theres only three words that can explain this situation, "Indirect Twitter Tweets". Stupid and childish I know, but me being who I am, and you being who you are, you started it and I followed up. I sit back now with tears in my eyes thinking, "Damn, why didn't I just be the bigger person?!" But no, I was mad. So mad. You always said the only reason you were with her was because you knew you couldn't be with me, but when it came down to it; that night at the bowling alley, you chose her over me. "You can't just come out and say hi?! It'll only take a minute!" "No, I'm with my girl." But this is my fault, I should have been wiser because it wasn't the first time you chose some random hoe who "meant nothing" over the girl you are "in love" with. But nooo, here I go giving you the benefit of the doubt yet again 'cause maybe, just maybe, you'll actually get it right this time. You didn't though, you never do . But I knew from the jump what I was getting myself into. You were no longer mines, but my heart wouldn't respect that. Never has, never will. I'm always gonna want to be with you. You have this crazy hold on my heart, and even after how things went down that night... Well, the heart still wants what the heart wants because at the end of the day, the mind is the part of the body that gets angry. Not the heart.
"I can stop loving you and I will", followed by a "Thanks for the memories" on my part and then soon ending with a "There will never be an us". Words of anger we both knew were pointless. You hurting me more than I, hurting you yet both being hurt. And you know it's never fair because I end up a wreck, and you on the other hand end up fine, or at least that's how you make it seem. And I know, I know you tell me not to assume, but actions speak louder than words when words are never spoken. But you, being "new to this love thing" as you've once told me, never really liked to be open with your feelings. But when you did, you went all out. Random "iloveyou" texts in the middle of the night, which never got old and other cute things of the such. These were the little things that made this unofficial, official relationship we shared, something truely beautiful. I'll repeat, never the perfect love story, but definitely a story worth reading.
"Unstoppable", if I had to describe us in one word. "In love" if I had too, in two. We had it all, everything but the support we needed. My thoughts were that this would make or break us, and it did exactly that but in a different way than I thought. Because somehow some way, we always find our way back to each other. And as I'm sure you already know, I'm praying every minute of everyday that this time wouldn't be any different... But if it is? I guess what everybody says is right..."Sometimes love just isn't enough" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment